Let’s have a little fun with Old Wives Tales. How many can you get correct?
True or False?
- An Apple a day keeps the doctor away.
True. A survey showed that people 50 years and older can decrease the chance of heart attacks!
- If you go outside with wet hair you catch a cold.
False. Getting chilled does not cause a cold.
- Full moons bring out the crazies!
True. More erratic behavior and birth rates have increased during full moons due to lack of sleep affected by LUNACY.
- Count sheep to fall asleep.
True. Mental visualization or imagery can assist your body in bringing on sleep.
- Feed a cold, starve a fever.
False. Fasting will weaken your body and food provides strength.
- Boys give moms a harder time during pregnancy and labor than girls.
True. Boys tend to be heavier with bigger heads.
- Eat Chicken soup for colds.
True. Chicken soup can reduce inflammation and slow down white blood cell activity
- You should drink 8 cups of water each day.
False. Drink to your thirst not to a number.
- Heartburn during pregnancy means your baby will have a lot of hair.
True. Horrible heartburn correlates to babies with a lot of hair.
- Fish is good for the brain.
True. Fish oils contain omega-3 and omega-6 critical for health, normal growth and the development and function of our brains.
- Hair of the dog will cure hangovers?
True. In small doses alcohol will conquer alcohol withdrawals but so will a glass of water
- Cracking your knuckles will give you arthritis.
False. Never proven to be true.
Truths to Longevity:
- Practice Positivity
- increase Flexibility and Balance by stretching your muscles everyday
- Manage your Rest-Sleep Well
- Learn Something Every Day
- Love-words of affirmation, physical touch, spending time with loved ones
www.YourComfortsofHome.com Caring solutions to Elderly Care